Importance of Safety Cautions and Necessary Conditions:
Please read this instruction manual before operating the generator set to obtain know-how on the rules and equipment referred to in this manual. Ensure that the installation and running-in of the Generator set are done in conformity with the instructions，and the operation and maintenance staff is skilled, responsible and experienced. Disobedience of the instructions and safety rules may cause severe results such as halt of the equipment, mechanical damage, personal injury and other nnecessary losses. SOMAX Generator set is designed to ensure safe operation, however it can’t be operated safely if the operation and maintenance staff on the worksite ignore the precautions and procedures as described in this manual.
Electrical Hazard Warning
1.The generator set can only work on loads that correspond to its electric parameters and rated power output. Overload is prohibited.
2.National and international electric regulations are applied. Electricians must obtain appropriate professional qualifications before they install any electrical equipment. When the switch is in “ON” position, a sign must be used in obvious position to indicate such status to avoid accidents.
3.Do not connect the Generator set directly to the power supply system of the building. Electric shock may occur or the Generator may be damaged by sudden turbulent in the municipal power line. The Generator should only be connected to the municipal power system through a safeguarding switch.
4. Appropriate neutral line grounding must be done in order to prevent a sudden voltage surge or undetected grounding faults.
5. The following measures shall be taken to avoid electric shock:
a. switch off the power supply when protections are removed or work is carried out on an electric equipment;
b. when approaching electric equipment, do not set foot on metal or wet cement ground around the equipment. Lay dry wood pads on the ground and cover it with rubber insulation sheets;
c. do not touch electric equipment with wet skin or wet clothes/shoes.
6. Be extremely aware of the danger of working on electric objects. High voltage electricity may result in severe injury or death. Do not change the lock devices discretionally.
7. Before running the generator, check the insulation resistance of the output cable with a 500V megohm meter. Ensure that the resistance value is no lower than 2 MΩ.
Combustion Hazard Warning
1. Ensure that no open flames or sparks occur in the proximity of the Generator set, fuel tank and particularly the charging battery. Fuel vapor and hydrogen emissions from charging battery are easily explosive.
2. Unless the fuel tank is separated from the Generator set, refueling is prohibited while the engine is running. Contact between fuel and hot engine surface or exhaust gas may cause fire.
3. The room which installed Generator set must be equipped with appropriate fire extinguishers.
Exhaust Hazard Warning
1.Fumes exhausted by the engine are poisonous. The exhaust system must be installed in strict conformity with the safety rules and technical regulations and be maintained in good condition so that there are no leaks on the exhaust ducts or no backflow of the exhaust gases into the Generator set room/building.
2.Good ventilation is required for all equipment.
High Temperature Hazard Warning
1.While the Generator set is running, avoid contact with the exhaust pipe, radiator, hot parts, hot oil, coolant and exhaust gas to prevent scalding.
2.While the Generator set is running, do not open the pressure cap of the radiator or heat exchanger. Do it after the generator set has cooled down.
1.Do not wear loose clothes or ornaments while working near rotating parts or electric equipment. Loose clothes may be caught by the rotating parts and ornaments may cause short circuit that in turn results in electric shock or fire.
2.Tighten all fixings on the Generator. Apply guards to the fan and drive belt.
3.Before starting the Generator set, disconnect the starter battery first with the negative terminal. This is to prevent accidental starting of the engine.
4.While the Generator set is running, do absolutely not disconnect the battery from the charging lead cable or the batter charging system may be damaged.
5.Personal protections must be worn by staff working near the Generator set and associated equipment. These protections include those that free the staff from direct contact with chemical liquids such coolant additive and battery electrolyte and ear covers that shield the staff from constant exposure to machines noise.